NileTESOL is a professional association for all those individuals who are actively involved in the development of the teaching of English and in teaching content in English in Egypt and globally. NileTESOL is funded and supported by The American University in Cairo’s School of Continuing Education (SCE).
The objectives of the association are to:
- provide a professional forum for discussing and debating issues related to the teaching and learning of English and in English;
- provide opportunities for professional development to the members of the association and the profession at-large keeping them up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- encourage the development of research relevant to teaching / learning of English and in English
- offer opportunities for networking among members of the association and other professionals
- provide opportunities for professional service and leadership development within the ELT community
- contribute to the continuous improvement of standards of teaching of English and teaching in English