Register now to attend ILACE 2019! Registration starts on: 1 July 2019
NileTESOL Conference 2020... Submit your proposal before October 15th, 11:59 P.M.
At the British Council, we are passionate about English and we are keen to support and develop people who teach English.
Through our courses, expert advice, teaching tips and materials, articles, discussions, and support networks, we’re here to help teachers of English become more effective. We also provide UK exams and qualifications for teachers and students.
For more information on our programmes and services, please visit our website http://www.britishcouncil.org.eg
Or follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilEgypt
British Council and Nile TESOL
Since 2010, the British Council has partnered with Nile TESOL to support the development of English language teaching in Egypt through:
• Nile TESOL Professional Development Events
• Nile TESOL Annual Conference
• International conference scholarships for Nile TESOL members
Resources for Teachers
Professional Development Resources and Networking
You are on a journey as a teacher of English. Whether you’re an experienced English language teacher or new to the profession, the British Council Continuing Professional Development Framework http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/continuing-professional-development has been developed to help you move forward in your career.
• We offer a range of online and face-to-face courses. Find out about CELTA and TKT in Egypt at http://www.britishcouncil.org.eg or sign up for an online course at http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/teacher-training
• There are also regular webinars attended by teachers from around the world at http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/webinars
• You can join our TeachingEnglish Community and talk to other teachers about your teaching and the issues that concern you. Read our topical blogs and engage with our bloggers, sign up for our newsletters, or visit our busy Facebook page.
Online Teaching and Learning Resources
Our TeachingEnglish website http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk is a fantastic source of ideas, activities and lesson plans for the busy teacher.
Our LearnEnglish websites for kids, teens and adults http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en offers materials for learners from kindergarten upwards, with games and fun activities as well as help with academic study and workplace skills. We have also partnered with the Barclays Premier League to create a website for learning English through Football! http://premierskillsenglish.britishcouncil.org/